Animal Health, Production and Hygiene
Untitled Document

106 - 112

Research Article

Isolation of Microorganisms from Goats with Subclinical Mastitis and Detection of Antibiotics Susceptibility

Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydın, Turkey

In this study, microorganisms were isolated and identified to 102 (67.1%) samples from to 152 hair goat’s milk. There was not obtained any bacterial isolation from the remaining 50 (32.9%) samples. Our of identified 102 samples were identified respectively; S. aureus from 71 (69.6%) samples, S. epidermidis from 8 (7.8%) samples, S. intermedius from 5 (4.9%) samples, S. hyicus from 6 (5.9%) samples, Corynebacterium sp. from 3 (2.9%) samples, Klebsiella pneumoniae from 4 (3.9%) samples, Pseudomonas sp. from 2 (2.0%) samples, E. coli from 2 (2.0%) samples and Mannheimia haemolytica from 1 (1.0%) sample. As a result of antibiotic susceptibility tests, S. aureus isolates were found susceptible to Amoxycillin- Clavulanic Acid in the ratio of 100%, susceptible to Penicilin in the ratio of 100%, resistant to Kanamycin and Oxacillin ratio of 90%. The other Staphylocci isolates were found susceptible to Amoxycillin- Clavulanic Acid in the ratio of 100%, resistant to Penicilin ratio of 100%. Other identified isolates Corynebacterium sp., Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas sp., E. coli and Mannheimia haemolytica were found susceptible to Ampicillin in the ratio of 100%, susceptible to Amoxycillin- Clavulanic Acid in the ratio of 90%, resistant to Penicilin and Kanamycin in the ratio of 100%.

KEYWORDS: Goat, Mastitis, Microorganism, Isolation, Identification

Subklinik Mastitisli Keçilerden Mikroorganizmaların İzolasyonu ve Antibiyotiklere Duyarlılıklarının Araştırılması

Araştırmada 152 adet kıl keçisi süt örneğinin 102 (%67.1)’sinden bakteri izolasyon ve identifikasyonu yapılmıştır. Geriye kalan 50 (%32.9) örnekte ise bakteriyel üreme görülmemiştir. İdentifikasyon yapılan 102 örneğin, 71 (%69.6)’inden S. aureus, 8 (%7.8)’inden S. epidermidis, 5 (%4.9)’inden S. intermedius, 6 (%.5.9)’sından S. hyicus, 3 (%2.9)’ünden Corynebacterium sp., 4 (% 3.9)’ünden Klebsiella pneumoniae, 2 (%2.0)’sinden Pseudomonas sp., 2 (% 2.0)’sinden E. coli ve 1 (%1.0)’inden Mannheimia haemolytica identifiye edilmiştir. Araştırmada identifiye edilen suşlara yapılan antibiyogram testleri sonucunda S. aureus izolatlarının Amoksisilin-Klavulanik Asit’e %100 duyarlı, Penisilin’e % 100, Kanamisin ve Oksasilin’e ise %90 oranlarında dirençli olduğu tespit edilmiştir. Diğer izole edilen Stafilokok suşlarının da Amoxicillin- Clavulanic Acid’e %100, duyarlı, Penisilin’e %100 oranında dirençli olduğu tespit edilmiştir. İdentifiye edilen Corynebacterium sp., Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas sp., E. coli ve Mannheimia haemolytica suşlarının antibiyogram testleri sonucunda Ampisilin’e % 100 ve Amoksisilin-Klavulanik Asit’e %90 oranlarında duyarlı; Penisilin ve Kanamisin’e %100 oranında dirençli oldukları tespit edilmiştir.

KEYWORDS: Keçi, Mastitis, Mikroorganizma, İzolasyon, İdentifikasyon

CORRESPONDENCE TO: Şükrü Kırkan, Adnan Menderes Üniversitesi Veteriner Fakültesi, Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dalı, Batı Kampüsü, 09016, Işıklı, Aydın, Türkiye. E-mail: skirkan@adu.edu.tr

Received: May 3, 2012

Accepted: July 9, 2012