Animal Health, Production and Hygiene
Untitled Document

100 - 105

Research Article

Adnan Menderes University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Aydın, Turkey

In this study, blood samples obtained from 200 cattle in Aydın Region were used as material. Following DNA extractions, identification of the specific genes related with Brucella and Leptospira was carried out by using multiplex PCR method. Results obtained from this study revealed that Brucella sp. and/or Leptospira sp. were detected from 77 (38.5%) samples investigated. Bands related with both Brucella sp. and Leptospira sp were detected 24 (31.2%) out of 77 mPCR positive samples. From the remaining 53 (68.8%) samples, 33 samples (% 62.3) showed positive bands only related with Brucella sp. and 20 samples (37.7%) showed positive bands only related with Leptospira sp. The main conclusion of this study was the use of multiplex PCR as a reliable, sensitive and fast technique could prevent the hazards originated from contamination and false results caused by conventional and serum analysis methods in detection of Brucella and Leptospira.

KEYWORDS: Brucella sp., Leptospira sp., Multipleks PCR

Sığırlarda Brucella ve Leptospira Türlerinin Multiplex Polimeraz Zincir Reaksiyonu (mPCR) ile Tanımlanması

Bu çalışmada Aydın ilindeki sığır sürülerinden 200 adet kan örneği materyal olarak toplandı. Bu kan örneklerinden DNA ekstraksiyonları yapıldıktan sonra Brucella ve Leptospira bakterilerine ait spesifik genlerin multipleks PCR yöntemi ile identifikasyonu yapıldı. Yapılan multipleks PCR sonucunda 200 örneğin 77 (%38.5)’sinde Brucella sp. ve Leptospira sp. tespit edilmiştir. mPCR pozitif toplam 77 örneğin 24 (%31.2)’ünde hem Brucella sp.’ne hem de Leptospira sp.’ne ait bantlar ortak olarak görülmüştür. Kalan 53 (%68.8) örneğin 33 (%62.3)’ü sadece Brucella sp. ve 20 (% 37.7)’si ise sadece Leptospira sp. için pozitif bulunmuştur. Sonuç olarak çalışmada konvansiyonel mikrobiyolojik kültür yada serum analiz teknikleri ile Brucella ve Leptospira türlerinin tayini konusunda meydana gelen hatalı sonuçların ve kontaminasyon tehlikesinin hassas ve hızlı bir teknik olan multiplex PCR yöntemi ile elimine edilmiştir. Ayrıca her iki bakteri türünün identifikasyonunda da zaman kaybetmeden güvenilir sonuç alınabilecektir.

KEYWORDS: Brucella sp., Leptospira sp., Multipleks PCR

CORRESPONDENCE TO: Uğur Parın, Adnan Menderes Üniversitesi Veteriner Fakültesi, Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dalı, Batı Kampüsü, 09016, Işıklı, Aydın, Türkiye. E-mail: uparin@adu.edu.tr

Received: September 3, 2012

Accepted: November 8, 2012